Saturday, October 25, 2008

Chili....BRRRRR

It has been soooo cold this week, kind of depressing already if I do say so myself, but of course it is the perfect weather to break out the chili pot and make a big old batch with some yummy cinnamon rolls....soooooo that is exactly what we did the other night....I have been meaning to show you these pics for a couple of days, but with 8 or 9 kids running/crawling around here everyday, my life gets kinda hectic so I don't always have time to post during the week!!! So anyway...here is our pics from the wonderful chili night, even if it is too early to be this cold we can enjoy by being inside all warm and cozy with a big bowl of chili:)

Nothing much is new from the rest of the week...I made a chicken the other night (not the same night as chili) so I have some leftovers from that to use tonight for a chicken casserole...and I think tomorrow we will be making a birthday cake for our soon to be birthday boy....Daddy will be having a birthday on Monday:) I won't tell you how old, you all can guesstimate, because if I did tell, this would probably be my last post!! haha:) but of course it is time for the favorite German Chocolate cake to come out of the oven...Chris LOVES this cake and gets it for his b-day each year...yummy!!!

As for the munchkins....busy as ever....Ashley has started coming up to me when somebody is being naught to her, she of course is crying and then she tells me "no no" and points to who ever the culprit is....it is toooooo funny!!! of course not funny to her, but to me it is pretty darn cute:) poor little sister!!!

Ayden & Elliott have been busy coloring and learning all week....I have decided that instead of having bored children, we are going to have "school time" each day for the 4 "big" boys...they actually are loving it...we do numbers and letters and colors and shapes...so far everyone is doing well on the sitting still and listening, still could have some improvement in that area, but they are only 2 1/2 so I will forgive them for their short attention spans....but if I can reduce the bickering even for just 45 minutes a day, my life will be better:)

So that is what is new in our neighborhood!!! Hope you all had a great week...stay tuned next week for birthday fun, and for Halloween fun...we hve been practicing "trick or treat" so this year should be fun...and you will just have to stay tuned to see what they are this year...very cute if I do say so myself:) but I am the mom!!!




1 comment:

Jodi Lansink said...

Sounds yummy!!!! We might have to have chili this week too!!!