Saturday, December 6, 2008

Checking in from Sickville!

Well, hello all!!! Yes, it is true, we have been a little under the weather around here...to say the least the stomach flu has hit us:( YUCK!!!!!!!!!! Thankfully it has not hit the children too hard...just a little running to the bathroom for the boys and some nasty diapers for Ashley...but poor mom & dad, we haven't faired to well....:( First off, I got thrown up on twice in one day by two of my daycare kids...pretty yucky, but I felt even worse for them, because ya know how it scares you when you don't know what is happening, and they are both still little, so NO fun at all....Then later that night is when I got the pleasure of getting rid of my stomach contents.....I haven't done that in YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it was horrible, but then I felt a thousand times better, so I guess it was worth it.... For Chris, he probably had it the worse...

BUT the good news is, we are on the uphill swing of things and seem to be feeling better!!!

We did feel better at the end of the week, so the boys got to get some haircuts, so they are all ready for the upcoming holiday season and all the pictures that will be taken...No cut for Ashley, I want to to grow and grow, so for now nothing:)

We did find out yesterday, that our little Ayden has to have his tonsils and adnoids taken out:( Poor guy hasn't been sleeping well for the past few weeks and just tosses and turns in his bed, is never in the same spot, and you can just see the bags under his eyes...so we took him to our doctor who thought we should see the ENT doctor, who confirmed that his tonsils are "HUGE" and that with the snoring and tossing and turning that his adnoids should come out too!!! so we are scheduled to have the surgery the day after Christmas!!!!!! Hopefully it will go well and he will recover well & quickly....makes me nervous, of course, but I just pray that he will be okay and that he will feel so much better after all of this is done!!! We will keep you updated on the latest on all of that!!!

Everyone have a great weekend!!:) Here are pics of the boys and their new do's and Ashley peek-a-booing on the steps!!!



2 comments:

Jodi Lansink said...

Look at those handsome boys!!!! You just gotta stick it out with Ashley---every girl goes through it when you want to grow it out!

That sucks everyone is sick---but I guess at least it is between holidays, so hopefully everyone will be healthy for Christmas!

It is never fun having surgery, but I am sure Ayden will do great and will start feeling much better after it is done!

See you in a couple weeks!

Lisa said...

Too bad you were all sick. And poor little Ayden, but I'm sure he'll be a trooper and heal very quickly!