Friday, April 1, 2011

31, new floors, 18 months, and 4 horrible days!

So, it has been a long and busy and exhausting March...sorry for the delay on blogging, but I have just been putting it off and off and off...SORRY!!

The month of March started out with a fun celebration for my 31st birthday! Honestly, I don't know how it happened that I joined the "30's" but it did, and I am enjoying everyday!! I got spoiled for my birthday...flowers, cards, a new Scentsy plug in and some scents, cookies...:) It really was a great day!! The best present was from my wonderful husband...WE bought all new flooring for our main floor...it is going to go in every place except for the kitche and bathroom, which we have already had tile put in those spots...

My birthday was on Friday the 11th...and my AWESOME parents took all 4 kiddos for the weekend, so that Chris and I could get a feel for the flooring while laying our first room...our master bedroom!! :) We were so excited to be able to concentrate on the flooring, and honestly, it was HARD work, but so worth it...IT LOOKS AMAZING!! It took us ALL day on Saturday to accomplish the task, but WE DID IT:) so awesome!!

Also, in March, Mr Evan Christopher turned 18 months!!! WOW, as much as I can't believe that I am 31, I really can't believe where 18 months went...he is such a pistol and we have so much fun with him...it just floors me though that he is closer to 2 now than he is 1...:( growing up and fast!! Our "gift" from Mr Evan this past week has been his discovery of how to climb out of his crib...he had some "helpers" to teach him what to do, and it has made for some fun nap and bedtimes...ugh! But it is apart of the process...now just need to decide on a big boy bed for him and get him transitioned...probably do that in the next couple months!! But he is a cutie when he comes out, cause he comes running up to me and has to give me a kiss!! ADORABLE:) LOVE this little guy!!

And the month ended on a HORRIBLE note for us...The good part about this whole situation is that we got the new flooring put in our living room! The bad part...Chris stepped on a nail...ugh!! We didn't think it would be such a big deal...he had gotten a tetnus shot last year, so we cleaned it and made sure it would be "ok"...yeah right...this all happened on Sunday the 20th of March...by Wednesday, his ankle had swollen up on the "punctured" foot...so off to the doctor he went...doctor gave him an oral antibiotic to help with any infection...well it didn't help...by Friday, the swelling had basically doubled in his ankle and was affecting his knee as well...so again, doctor's office, who looked at it and said, "yep, your going to the hospital"!! Are you kidding me!! So on Friday the 25th he entered the hospital, had an MRI, and started IV antibiotics to help with the infection that was spreading through him...and we waited and waited...Friday, Saturday, Sunday and MONDAY!!! the kids and I went back and forth to the hospital...Chris was miserable, it hurt bad...he was bored...all kinds of fun...and the kids were just out of sorts and drove me crazy:) HA!! :)

BUT we survived...Chris was able to come home on Monday afternoon, after they had a PIC line installed in him, and they lined up St Luke's Home Health Care to come teach us how to adminster the IV antibiotics...so that has been our week here at home, we are doing the IV stuff every 12 hours...we will be done hopefully early Tuesday morning:) I do have to say that the foot, ankle and knee are looking and feeling a lot better! The doctor's decided that they believe Chris stepped on the nail just right to go into the joint inbetween his big toe and 2nd toe, causing it to infect the joint and soft tissue...

So that was our March in nutshell...:) Here is hoping for a better April, huh?!? :) We are just thankful that Chris is on the mend and that they stopped the infection before it got too bad! We are also thankful for all of your support and prayers during this time...

So here are a few pics...I didn't take any of the foot! Sorry! LOL...trust me you didn't want to see it:)

and I will be back more regularly, as long as things settle down:) hahaha!!





4 comments:

Grandpa and Grandma said...

I am sure April will be better!!! Love the floor...the pics of the monkeys....and glad Chris is on the mend.....XXOO Mom and Dad

Lisa said...

Thanks for the update! We love seeing pics of your cute little kiddos! The floor looks great. Glad Chris is doing better.

Jodi Lansink said...

The floor looks great, and glad Chris is doing better!

Grandma Jane said...

We hope April will be a MUCH better month for all of you.

Nice to see pics of the kids - they grow and change so quickly!

Hope Chris continues to do well and is feeling better every day!

G&G Schrunk